Welcome


Welcome to the Performance in a Mediatised Culture blog, 2009. This is a space for you to share images, ideas and experiences throughout the course.

IMPORTANT!! CLASS EXCURSION WEEK 6:
Contrary to what your course outline says, please meet at 9.30am in the usual classroom for the week 6 excursion. We will go from there.

ALSO: AVAILABLE RESOURCES
Selected works that we have watched are now with Iain Murray at the Level 3 Webster desk and are available for you to borrow and watch on campus. You can use these for your essay preparation:

Level 3 desk:
- ‘Cesena’ and ‘Brussels’ in Tragedia Endogonidia by Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio
- Chunky Move Mortal Engine or Glow
- Blast Theory Uncle Roy All Around You and Can You See Me Now?
- The Wooster Group Route 1 & 9 (The Last Act)
- Granular Synthesis Modell 5

unsw LIBRARY:
- Einstein on the beach[videorecording] :the changing image of opera /
- The Builders Association [videorecording] : Show excerpts and trailers, 1994-2007

Bill Viola documentaries (COFA):
- I do not know what it is that I am like[videorecording] /
- The passing[videorecording]
- Selected works[videorecording] /

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Icinema - related mediatization info

Hi Guys,

I know im about three weeks late but i thought id quickly post my thoughts on the Icinema excursion we took the other week. I found the whole environment very surreal and exciting. I think in terms of the interaction photos (of different places and countries) i was afraid that one day this might influence peoples decisions to travel at all. If one was able to go, see, and experience a place without leaving their living room (or movie room) I am worried they would be content with this. It frightens me that this may be a possibilty in the future as it would have devistating effects on tourism and poor countries that rely on international tourism.

On the other hand as a spectator I really enjoyed both the theatre performance done with the round 360 camera. It really displaced me and made me feel as if i was secretly watching the performances without the performers knowing! I felt as if i had been in the real life 'honey i shrunk the kids' and i was a teenie tiny person sitting in their set.

Finally i thought the idea of working with other industries to furthur the prospects of simulation training is absolutely incredible. as i said in the theatre i can think of a single company that would prefer to place their trainee staff in the dangerous 'real life' experience as opposed to the simulation experience! I feel they might be on a winner there!!

I also wanted to add to the blog a film clim and web page that i thought you might want to check out. It is an idea that my group are using to base our performance proposal on, however it is seriously clever and an exciting prospect for the future of performance!!

www.playingforchange.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM

Thanks,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment